What should you ask a personal injury lawyer at the first meeting?
The first meeting can be the most daunting. By asking questions and getting to know the process right away, it should feel less intimidating and that you have someone who is ready and willing to fight for you.
In the first meeting ask the lawyer things such as:
- how long does the process take?
- what are the first steps?
- How does the lawyer get paid?
- the differences between a contingency fee agreement and an hourly rate
- what are the risks with litigation?
- can my family members make a claim as a result of my injuries?
Don’t worry if you forget to ask a question, our lawyers are happy to answer questions at any time